We’ve had two full weeks in Phnom Penh, and we’ve deemed it appropriate to lay it all out on a bullet-point list, for your easy viewing and quick gratification. If you’ve any questions or wish for elaboration, feel free to comment. Really, comment. Go ahead. Comment.
Let’s talk logistics.
• Number of weeks we’ve been here: 2
• Number of weeks it feels we’ve been gone: 18
• Number of weeks we’re extending our trip: 3
• Number of countries we plan on seeing: 3
• Number of countries we’ll end up seeing: 1
Let’s talk work.
• Number of pages of proposal Chloe has to write: 24
• Number of pages of Chloe’s proposal so far: 2
• Number of days till Chloe has to turn in proposal: 4
• Number of children MJ can legally take back home: 0
• Number of children MJ will take back home: 3
Let’s talk adaptation.
• Number of punches we’ve witnessed to our tuk-tuk driver: 2
• Number of Chloe’s hearbeats per second when witnessing punch: 1
• Number of MJ’s heart beats per second when witnessing punch: 3,423
• Number degrees in our room: 146 (Celsius)
• Number of fans in our room: 2
• Number of working fans in our room: 1
• Number of hot showers we’ve had: 1 (see Kep post)
• Number of garments MJ wears to bed: 4
• Number of garments Chloe wears to bed: 1, on cooler nights.
Let’s talk entertainment.
• Number of times we’ve watched TV: 1
• Number of weeks it took us to realize we had TV: 2
• Number of books we’ve read: 1 each (almost).
• Number of True Blood download attempts: 4
• Number of True Blood download successes: 0
• Number of Parent Trap download attempts: 1
• Number of Parent Trap download successes 1
• Number of times MJ contemplated admitting to having downloaded the Parent Trap: plenty.
Let’s talk Family.
• Number of parents who’ve talked about joining us: 2
• Number of parents we’ve talked out of joining us: 1 (sorry, Pepin)
• Number of new family members in our lives: 3, Tat Guesthouse employees, namely Mama Tat and Yee, (MJ’s little brother and Chloe’s nightly visitor)
• Number of sisters we miss: 2 each (3 on MJ’s part, but we don’t talk about Sonia, Poli’s dirty secret).
Let’s talk love:
• Gary and Larry 4ever
Just something to tie you over. On a heavier note, heading out to see the Genocide Museum and Killing Fields from the Khmer Rouge time. More, later?